"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Sunday, February 26, 2012

4 days out of 6

a planned 13.8 mile long run. i thought i would feel my back from Saturday's kayaking but it was ok. it was my legs that were aching, especially the inner part of my left ankle.
as usual i started at NAU and headed along s lone tree rd to lake mary rd.
Weather was great, warm, sunny, NO wind.
I thought I'd be more fresh since I ran only 4 days this week. but my legs especially the quads felt tired and lacked the "spring". 


No comments:

Post a Comment