"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

tempo run

today I had the pleasure to do an LT.
length 7.5 miles
pace: 8:43min/mile
duration: 1h04min

today I managed only 3x4minutes. I tried to keep my heart rate above 80%. These hills in Flag are going killing me :) not one spot of flat land in this town. I try to do at least half of my "spurts" on a flat road, but the closest thing resembling flat is Lake Mary Road. So by the time I get there I've already done 2 4min spurts uphill and 4 miles of semi easy jogging.

For those interested, you can see below the ascent and descent in meters.


No comments:

Post a Comment