"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

bad day what then?

somewhat interesting article about a bad training day. it is inevitable that after a couple of weeks of hard training we stumble upon a day or a successive string of days where we feel like shit, and everything even running pisses us off. it's what we do next and how we handle this situation is really important and critical to our self-esteem and the quality of our remaining training cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment