"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

snowy, windy and beautiful

it snowed the whole night and the entire morning. i guess there is about 12 inches of fresh snow. i was the first person to jog on the snowy FUTS (Flagstaff Urban Trails System) south of NAU campus. it's cold today, about 23oF and windy.

i was curious how my ankle was going to hold up on the rugged, snowy trails. it did ok, however it felt a bit weak (my foot wasn't as stable as the healthy one).

i did 8.5 miles in 1h15min.

No comments:

Post a Comment