"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Sunday, February 26, 2012

kayaking on verde river

this was a lot of fun. first time in a real kayak. in the beginning (2h out of 3.5h) it felt as if sitting on an ice skate, trying to balance my act. the first few minutes were exciting and the best part was that the water was almost at a standstill. i knew i was going to land in water sooner or later because there were some small "dips" planned down stream as my friend Chuck told me :)

Water nice and calm. Me scared shitless :)
Rapid - upper 2 lower 3 class :) Covered no problem


it took me 7 miles out of 10 to start enjoying myself. but still i was extremely concentrated on minding all the rocks and keeping the kayak afloat ;)
All in all it was one of the most interesting and exciting experiences i had in a long time. can't wait to repeat this!
for the record i did not fall into the water.

Red dots showing where the pics were taken. We paddled along the Verde River. 10 mile ride

Mom and Chuck had a major kayak leakage


No comments:

Post a Comment