"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Thursday, February 23, 2012

low energy

in the morning I did 31.4miles (1h55min) on my road bike. I went to Lake Mary and back. on the way back I hit a really hard head wind. after coming home I felt a little tired, but I was still planning on changing shoes and going for a 7 mile jog. I did a mile and turned around, I couldn't manage to climb the hill closest home.
At home I felt my level sugar drop so I ate a few small pieces of salmon with guacamole on the side and more than enough Andes (choc and mint). I gave myself three hours rest and made a second try. After 2 minutes I turned around.
Nothing left in the tank. Tomorrow I'll feel better however I'm looking forward to my long run on Sunday. Hopefully my glycogen level will be restored and legs fresh for a 15.5mile run. The rest of the week I will rack up as many miles as possible trying to recuperate for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment