"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Who am I and what I want


I was born in Cape Town but when I was twelve my parents moved back to Poland (their fatherland).
At the moment I live in Flagstaff, AZ with my Mom. She is a full time PhD student at NAU.

I've been running for two years, however most of 2011 I spent on recuperating from a knee injury I sustained during the Warsaw Marathon. Before taking part in it I ran one 10k and a few 5k races. I ran no more than 20 mpw. So this is how I blew my joint.

Since September 2011 I have started training again. I started off with 3-4 easy runs per week. Racking up no more than 20 miles. I steadily added miles and quality to my training regimen. What I mean by quality is LT runs (some call it tempo runs) and long runs (16-20 miles at a time) during the weekend. I upload all my runs to Buckeye Outdoors Training Log via Garmin Forerunner 405CX. The log can be reached by following this link.

In the following posts I will share my thoughts on my diet, runs, trails and life in general :)
I am getting prepared for my first 50 mile ultramarathon. I don't know where I'm going to run it yet but it will be sometime at the end of April beginning of May. I'm really psyched about this because I'm not a good runner yet. And it's going to take a whole lot of will power, energy, pain to get to the point where I will be able to run a 50 miler below 10-11h.

This was my today's morning 7.9 mile run. Really easy pace 8.55min/m. I still feel my quads and hamstrings from a workout a few days back.
Getting prepared for tomorrow's run in Sedona. Hopefully I will get there before 11am and I will be able to do at least 14 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment