"…each day I take to the roads as a beginner, a child, a poet. Seeking the innocence of the beginner, the wonder of the child and the vision of the poet. Hoping for new appreciation of the landscape, a new perspective of my inner world , some new insights on life, a new response to existence and myself.

There are times, more often than the good times, when I fail. I never do pierce the shield. I return with a shopping list of things to do tomorrow. The miraculous has gone unseen. The message has gone unheard. I have had one of those loveless days on a lovely day for love.

Still, there is always the chance I'll have beginner's luck. And this run, this hour, this day may begin in delight and end in wisdom."
Dr. George Sheehan

Monday, February 27, 2012

swallen interior ankle

during the night  my ankle swell a bit. kept it in ice for most of the day and opted to take a day off from running. instead i went to the gym, to work on my upper body.
http://www.physicaltherapyfirst.com/library_ankle_48


From http://www.physicaltherapyfirst.com

This often occurs in overweight, middle aged women and men as a result of degenerative changes in the tendon. The rupture may be partial or complete with pain below or behind the inside ankle bone (medial malleolus). A flattened arch is common. Anti-inflammatory treatment (physical therapy modalities), orthoses, and surgical debridement are common treatments.

So I run like a middle aged woman :)
also this injury can be incurred by strenuous training, rough terrain and too much running (?).

I will ice it for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow I will take it for a spin. 6-7 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment